Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Drawn to Life

I'm currently going through the first section a second time of Walt Stanchfield's Drawn to Life.  I'm trying to immerse myself in the information it has to offer, and it has proven quite beneficial in the way I approach drawings in general.
Now, the reason I chose to write about this particular book is so that I can one, share tid-bits of what this book has to offer an aspiring animator like myself, and two, further engrave the information into my brain.

Currently I am trying to memorize the 28 Principles of Animation, which include:


  • Pose and  Mood
  • Shape and Form
  • Anatomy
  • Model or Character
  • Weight
  • Line and Silhouette
  • Action and Reaction
  • Perspective
  • Direction
  • Tension
  • Planes
  • Solidity
  • Arcs
  • Squash and Stretch
  • Beat and Rhythm
  • Depth and Volume
  • Overlap and Follow Through
  • Timing
  • Working from Extreme to Extreme
  • Straights and Curves
  • Primary and Secondary Action
  • Staging and Composition
  • Anticipation
  • Caricature
  • Details
  • Texture
  • Simplification
  • Positive and Negative Shapes

I will memorize these all!  I am absolutely determined! 

No comments:

Post a Comment